Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sorry for lack of posts, I've been at the gym!

I've been spending some ME time lately to do DIY makeovers on MYSELF! I've been dieting and exercising. I have been telling myself that I needed to get back into my Pre-Mommy pants and I would say it but not push myself to actually do it. Well now that I'm done nursing, and Miniboss is getting older, it's time I spend a little time on improving myself!

I started by changing our diet. I switched all sorts of stuff to low cal, or a healthier alternative to our everyday foods. We used to use vegetable oil to cook, now we use extra virgin olive oil (EVOO as Rachael would say). Mayo, to lite mayo. Ranch dressing, to lite dressings. A salad for lunch and a side salad with dinner. Mashed potatoes to baked cauliflower. Soda to drinking water. Chocolate candy bars to skinny cow bars.

Things were going great, I lost 4 pounds just from switching our food to lower calorie ones. Then I was at a stand still! The scale just wasn't budging anymore so I knew it was time to start going to the GYM! Yea that horrible place were you sweat lol. And to keep myself motivated I hooked up with a gym buddy! And not to be mean, but if you want a gym buddy who's gonna keep you on track, you need someone equally motivated or even more. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for failure. I've been going to the track and running there on weekends or after hubby gets home from work. Nothing major just a mile a day until my muscles got used to it. Then I felt like I could do more, so I went to the gym and with my gym buddy, she pushed me super hard and I was there for like 2 hours! My legs felt like freakin jelly and I was so exhausted. But then the next day my body didn't feel bad at all! I thought I was going to be in pain, but I wasn't. So naturally I kept pushing myself and so I tried Zumba for the first time yesterday. An hour long class of dancing and working out. Let me say, I freakin loveeeddddd it! I hadn't a clue wtf I was doing and looked like a fool, but it was so much fun and no one cared that I didn't know jank haha! I'm definitively going to keep it up and stick with my goal of working out 5 days a week.

To keep myself on track I even bought a pair of vibrams five fingers, and let me tell you, I freaking love them!! My feet don't hurt and I feel like I can run better in them! Best investment ever for my fitness :)

It's been tough and time consuming no doubt, but it's for ME. I love it, I love being able to get out of the house and just focus on myself and my health. The husband is fully supportive and watches Miniboss. I can't wait till the end of summer and show you guys before and afters! So sorry, no I haven't been crafting, but I have been spending my time sculpting my body ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...