Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Silhouette from my Silhouette : Chalk Vinyl

I have been in love with my silhouette cameo. It's sooo much fun. I've been playing with the chalk vinyl and I have to say it's my favorite! I love that it's much thicker than regular vinyl, and hello, you can DRAW ON IT. I am going to order a lot more next time around.

I made these chalk labels to organize Miniboss's small toys.

I went to Lowes and bought the small plastic containers that are supposed to be for organizing shoes, but it works well for holding all of her tiny toys. I love how it turned out, so much more organized! I need to go back and get some more containers, because I still have a large bucket of toys to sort through. Sigh* sooo many toys! BTW The top labels look a little weird but it's just the sun streaming through from the window behind the containers.

& I finally made a silhouette of Miniboss :)

Isn't it adorable?! I'm surprised I haven't done one sooner..ohh yeah, because I didn't have a Cameo back then lol. Want to know how to make one too? First I took a picture of her profile.

I took it and edited it in Photoshop. You can see I added a sweet curly ponytail, since Miniboss's hair was uhh..a hot mess lol. This part took a huge chunk of time to create her silhouette and to then slowly smooth it out and make it look nice. You basically use the pen tool in PS to create the outline shape of your childs head and it will automatically fill in the area you create and you copy and paste it into a new document.

Once I got the image I wanted, I saved it as a tiff. file and imported it onto my Silhouette Studio, and cut out the image. I didn't use transfer paper because chalk vinyl is so thick anyway, it peels off easily.

I knew I wanted to put her silhouette into this plate I got in a yard sale years ago.

I liked the decorative edge of the plate, but the blue flowers just felt like it was missing something. I'm glad I left the plate alone until I found the right project to use it!

Here it is all done. I made the image slightly bigger than the center so that the hair hangs off a little. It was just my preference to do so. You could always make yours slightly smaller. I wanted to hide most of the floral background, and I love the way this turned out.

Best part is that now I can leave tiny messages on her BRAIN!! lol. Miniboss likes to say there are bugs in her brain when she has an itch on her head. Kids say the darnest things :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...